Quick Silver Wireline
Oilfield Service Company operating 24/7, 365 days a year.
Quick Silver Wireline (QSW) is a privately owned Wireline Company in Alberta, incorporated and operating since May 2002. Quick Silver Wireline provides subsurface data acquisition, operation of downhole flow control devices, fishing, pressure control systems and mechanical services associated with slickline wireline operations to the oil and gas industry in Western Canada. Quick Silver Wireline also provides, installs and maintains surface and down hole gas and oil well optimization systems working with its affiliated company, QSO Inc.
While smaller in size than many of our competitors, we believe that we are large enough to provide good coverage and support, while at the same time small enough to provide personal, cost effective service to our customers. Our shareholders are involved in day to day management and in making sure our customers are satisfied. If there is a problem or concern, our customers are talking to people that care and can make a difference. We also believe that in order to keep good customers, we need to be concerned with their bottom line and not just our own. We feel that this is an important fundamental goal of our company.
We have also always believed that the key to maintaining quality service starts with our employees. We strive to provide more than just a paycheck to our employees and believe that this has enabled us to recruit and retain great personnel that care about the quality of their work, whether at the well site or supporting our field operations. We are also very committed to ensuring that the health and safety of our fellow employees, our customers, our co-workers and the general public is our upmost priority.
Finally, Quick Silver Wireline is known as a superior provider of slickline services; we haven’t taken this recognition lightly but are continually striving to become a better company. Our long term goal is not to be the largest slickline company in Western Canada but to be the best.
Management Team At Quick Silver Wireline
Quick Silver Wireline has continued to grow and maintain a consistent and high level of service while adding key operational employees over the last ten plus years. This has been accomplished through the teamwork of the three owners and several key employees. Steven Brewster and Dean Mearns are jointly responsible in varying degrees for day to day management, operations, sales and corporate direction. Steven Morrical assists Steven and Dean with sales and marketing, financial planning, growth strategies and corporate systems.
Upon the startup of Quick Silver Wireline, we recognized the importance of an experienced and diversified management team. Throughout the years we have assembled a small management team with over 140 years combined experience in the wireline and petroleum industry. Below are some of the individuals that are part of that team:
Steven Brewster, President
Dean Mearns, Vice President Operations
Steven Morrical, Vice President
Derek Ringguth, Red Deer Station Manager
Grady Penney, Brooks Operations
Justin Huntley, Drayton Valley Station Manager
Steve Dulyk, Grande Prairie Station Manager
Ryan Beeton, Optimization Manager
“Quick Silver Wireline is dedicated to being one of the most respected and proficient wireline companies in Alberta and Western Canada. We are committed to reaching new standards of excellence through outstanding customer service, and continuous technological advancement. We will provide a safe and fulfilling environment for our employees with opportunity for personal success through individual achievement. We strive as a company to be a positive contributor to our society and to the communities in which we operate.”
The following are some of the charities and groups that Quick Silver Wireline supports within our local communities, in Canada and throughout the world:
- Stars Air Ambulance; provides emergency response and transportation throughout Alberta and Western Canada to individuals critically injured or suffering severe trauma.
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Central Alberta Region; provides health services and programs to the local community.
- Drayton Valley Health Services Foundation; a community organization that is dedicated to raising funds to support and enhance the delivery of healthcare at the Drayton Valley and Breton Health Care Centres.
- Canadian Cancer Society; provides research and care for cancer patients and survivors through the following fundraising activities; Relay For Life, Jail and Bail, Movember, and other events
- Crossroads Church; is a community that cares for both the needy in Central Alberta and throughout the world. Their vision is to give everyone in Central Alberta an opportunity to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and by following Him, compassionately impact our world.
- Operation Christmas Child; bringing joy and hope to children in desperate situations by providing gift filled shoeboxes distributed throughout the world.
- Chase Brewster Memorial Trust Fund; provides support to families or groups in need or crisis within Central Alberta. 100% of money received is used to fund the charitable activities.
- Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada; works with the community to provide children living with high-risk, life threatening illnesses the opportunity to realize their most heartfelt wish.
- Many other charity sponsorships and fundraising activities related to causes both close to the communities we live in and throughout the world.